When working in a business environment, you’re apt to have a need to discover how to deal with stress in the workplace. Stress is something that can affect your mind, body and your work dynamics.
Different thing that can cause stress in the workplace
Being able to understand what can cause stress is the first thing that will help you deal with it. According to the American Psychological Association (APA), the common sources of works stress are:
- Low salaries.
- Excessive workloads.
- Few opportunities for growth or advancement.
- Work that isn’t engaging or challenging.
- Lack of social support.
- Not having enough control over job-related decisions.
- Conflicting demands or unclear performance expectations.
3 Tips for dealing with stress in the workplace
Also in this article are various tips that help you take steps to manage stress in the workplace. Although there are seven tips mentioned in the article, only three will be shared below.
- Track your stressors. Make a conscientious effort to track those things that truly stress you out. It suggested that you keep a journal for a week or two to identify which situations create the most stress. If you feel that you are starting to get stressed, make a note of it and then try the following tip.
- Learn how to relax. Be open to using different techniques to calm down your mind, body and your work environment. You can do this alone or encourage your team members to join you. A couple of the techniques mentioned in the article are: meditation and deep breathing exercises.
- Establish boundaries. After figuring out your stressors and learning how to relax, it’s also important to know your boundaries. Boundaries help you communicate to yourself and others how you want to create a work-life balance. It’s recommended that you create clear boundaries which may help reduce the potential for work-life conflict and the stress could go away.
Last words about dealing with stress in the workplace
Being available 24 hours a day for your job is one of the biggest stressors. So please keep in mind when you are determining your stressors, relaxing and establish boundaries that you keep this mind.
Do you have additional tips that you would like to add to the list? Feel free to leave a comment below.